After deciding to sell your home, you need to think how to go about it. Should you hire a real estate agent or should you not? This is something most people battle about. Both options have their benefits and drawbacks. You have to weigh these and decide what to do.
- No paperwork needed. The real estate agents will do the work for you.
- It saves a lot of time by handing over the responsibility to a real estate agent. You don’t need to worry about touring to find a good home.
- You don’t need to worry about fixing or upgrading the house. The real estate agents have several professional contacts from landscapers to contractors. They will make your work done.
- Having a real estate agent by your side means you have an expert with you all the time.
- You don’t need to conduct any negotiations. The real estate agents will do it for you.
- The commission of a real estate agent can be high, especially if the agent is experienced the rate will be higher.
- Most agents charge about 6% of what you have to pay for the property.
- Agents have to deal with many clients. So, your home may not get all the attention and may miss out on some good properties.
- You become dependent on the real estate agent. You have to go with the agent’s time line and preferences at many times. Also, during negotiation, you’ll always have a middle man, which may be undesirable at times.
- You hardly get to know which one is a good agent and which is a bad one. In case, you get into the hands of a bad agent, you might incur a lot of financial damage.